Okay, so I'm going to say that I think I've been to enough weddings in my day to know what makes one special and what I would/wouldn't want if I ever was to get married. Last weekend I went to what I will have to conclude was the best wedding I have ever been to. It was full of uniqueness and love. The bride and groom didn't have a wedding that their parents would've planned for them, they did what they wanted to do and made it unique to them. From marinated tofu, piles of cupcakes, a specially designed not-white wedding dress, pizza while dancing and everyone being able to be themselves and enjoy it all, it was just fantastic. I think more people should do unique things for their weddings. I have mixed feelings about the whole subject.
It seems like most women have a goal of getting married/having kids/whatever else that I just don't have. I want to better myself first personally and career-wise. I don't understand why people rush into it all. I feel like I'm in the minority here in the midwest with my feelings on the subject, but it seems like people in larger cities wait longer to get married and all. All of my high school friends and college friends seem to be married/engaged/divorced. Another old friend just got engaged and was all 'FINALLY!' Finally? What, you've been waiting your whole life for this? Isn't there more to strive for? I think a lot of people think that marriage will make them happy and fix their problems. I want more.
The couples website: http://www.meganplusdavid.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love that dress!! Oh my goodness...that looks like love. So artistic and beautiful. I totally relate to what you are saying about marriage! It is just not one of my goals and I will never understand those that get married just to get married. I do enjoy couples that are truly in love such as these two. Good thoughts. Good thoughts.
Here here! I'm glas you got to go to a good wedding. This wasn't the bridezilla one, was it?
No, not the bridezilla one! Thank goodness!
Post a Comment